Date: Tuesday May 21st 6:00 -9:00 p.m
Location: Cincinnati Marriott North (6189 Muhlhauser Rd. West Chester, OH 45069)
Details: Etiquette is a topic that while having an important role in any professional’s career is hardly ever touched in both an engineer’s education and professional training. Good etiquette can ensure a good image is presented in front of colleagues, leaders and potential new partners. Bad etiquette, on the other hand, can often unravel a good image in a formal situation. Thus, the objectives of this event are to provide the best in etiquette teaching for both collegiate and professional members as well as providing an opportunity to use those skills in a networking environment with several potential employers present.
Presented by the South Ohio Section of the Society of Women Engineers
with generous funding from The Exxon Mobile Foundation
Questions about this event? Please contact our section rep Alexzandra at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download this flier to advertise to your professional network!
- 6:00- 6:30 Networking Tables by Topic - Mentors and mentees will be encouraged to go to tables based on expert areas and interests. Some potential topics include: career skills for undergraduates, career transitions, internships and co-ops and getting to the next level.
- 6:30 – 7: 30 Formal Etiquette Presentation - Lisamarie will be providing the best in the industry etiquette handouts and will have a 1 hr hands on demonstration of the most important etiquette rules. Attendees will have a place setting in front of them to practice while she speaks.
- 7:30 – 8:30 Networking Dinner – For speed and ease, dinner will be buffet style. Each table will have a host and guest of honor assigned so that the tables can practice further formal etiquette of introductions and hosting responsibilities. Table topics will also be provided (ex. What do you use most from your college experience in your career today? How does an event like this help my career? What are some of the biggest challenges faced in your career?…etc.)
- 8:30 – 9:00 Wrap-up and Raffle - Attendees will be encouraged to solidify both their learning from the event as well as connections made and exchange contact information (don’t forget your business cards). The raffle will encourage attendance throughout the event.
- Before May 7 – $25 SWE professional member, $10 SWE collegiate member, $40 non-member
- After May 7 – $30 SWE professional member, $15 SWE collegiate member, $45 non-member
- Corporate Tables – Send any 10 people from your company for just $360
About our Speaker:
LisaMarie Luccioni is founder and president of The Image Establishment, an image/impression management firm empowering companies and individuals to present their professional best in three areas necessary for advancement in today’s global economy:
– Communicating a clear and effective verbal message
- Demonstrating proper business etiquette and social graces
- Projecting an authentic—but appropriate—personal and professional image
A Phi Beta Kappa graduate of the University of Cincinnati, LisaMarie is a professor of communication of twenty years in its College of Arts & Sciences. She maintains the unique distinction of possessing a dual teaching assignment: (1) instructing an expansive range of classes to its Department of Communication while simultaneously (2) teaching business etiquette and professional image in its College of Business.
In 2012, LisaMarie was selected by the Princeton Review as one of the “Best 300 Professors” in the United States. Winner of the 2011 McMicken Dean’s Award for Distinguished Service, she has been honored with 6-time citations as both a UC Professor and Woman of the Year. Co-author of Advanced Public Speaking: Persuasive Strategies, LisaMarie clearly understands the contributing factors that create powerful verbal and nonverbal messages. She is the image/impression management blogger on staff for Psychology Today, where she offers commentary on the significance and application of image in social, political, and cultural contexts. She was selected by Cincy Magazine as a 2010 Athena Award Finalist for her innovative work in self-presentation and personal/professional branding.
LisaMarie is a graduate of the Protocol School of Washington, widely considered the premiere provider of global etiquette instruction. She has been featured on radio (NPR), in newspaper (most notably in Pulitzer-Prize winner William Safire’s On Language column), and in magazine publications regarding all possible professionalism issues. LisaMarie appeared as a live guest on CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360 show, where she discussed the troubling topic of increased rudeness in America with fellow guest, international etiquette icon Letitia Baldrige.
She led the initiative to have Cincinnati’s Mayor Mark Mallory declare May 2010 “International Civility Month” in City Hall Chambers. UC’s President Greg Williams followed suit, offering a similar proclamation, the first and only time the university has ever done so. Such public proclamations are rare and a testimonial to Cincinnati’s efforts to highlight the issue of decorum and manners. AICI subsequently awarded LisaMarie the 2010 Civility Star Award for her work in this area.
Previous Signature Professional Development events by South Ohio SWE
- Wednesday November 16, 2011 - Seminar & Dinner with Speaker Matt Marvin on iConnect: Communicating in a Digital World
- Saturday April 10, 2010 – Half day Seminar on Innovation with Keynote Speaker: Brett Bonner -Kroger’s resident Chief of R&D, Morning Workshop by Doug Brownstone of Eureka Ranch, Connection Lunch, and Afternoon Workshop by Jim Sinclair & Tom Hortel of Zenovate
- Thursday April 23, 2009 – Executive Panel & Dinner on Leading with Authenticity