Local Cincinnati/Dayton Events:
- May 21st Signature Professional Development Event – An Evening of Etiquette Click here for details
- Apr 24, 2013 Wine & Webinar -Hosted by our VP Katie Nowicki
Day & Time: Tuesday 7 – 9 pm
Location: Milford OH
Details: Join South Ohio SWE for our next wine and webinar! We will be watching “Dealing with Bullies at Work”. “Bullying at work is on the rise as 45% of American workers say they have experienced workplace abuse. This Webinar explains what bullying is, describes how bullying at work affects you and provides strategies on how to deal with being bullied at work. The aim of this Webinar is for participants to gain a better understanding of how and why bullying happens at work. They will learn strategies for dealing with being bullied at work.” This webinar will be held at the home of our VP Katie Nowicki – directions will be mailed out via email the day before the event so be sure to RSVP. Just bring something to share and a desire for good conversation. Non-members and guests are welcome.
Who can attend: SWE members and their guests
- April 12th -Deadline for Nominations for FY14 officers for South Ohio SWE
You will have the opportunity to:
- Meet, work with, and learn from a Board who is fully dedicated to the advancement and improvement of South Ohio SWE
- Make a difference by suggesting and moving forward with improvements to the section
- Meet, work with, and learn from a diverse group of professionals
- Reach out to young women and excite them about engineering as a potential career
- Personally develop leadership skills
- Enhance your resume
Give back to an organization that can help you enhance your professional skills.
The Nominations & Elections Committee is seeking nominations for the following officer positions: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and two Section Representatives. Please go to our website to view current officers and position descriptions at http://www.southohioswe.org/about/officers/
To be nominated for an executive board position, please send your name, the position for which you are applying, and the attached document to the chair of our nomination committee, Jacqueline Harmon (Jacqueline.Harmon@stantec.com).
- March 28, 2013 Talk on Patent Law
Day & Time: Thursday 5:30 -7 pm
Location: 3300 Great American Tower, 301 E. Fourth St., Cincinnati, OH 45202
Details: Have you ever wondered what patent attorneys actually do or what steps are needed for a career in Patent Law? Ritu Singh will answer those questions and more during her presentation. Sponsored by Frost, Brown, and Todd, LLC. Open to SWE members and their guests. Parking is available in the Great American Tower garage or click here for info on $1 parking downtown. Meters are free after 6pm for street parking.
About our speaker:
Ritu is a senior associate in the intellectual property department in Frost Brown Todd’s Cincinnati office where she focuses on patent prosecution in a variety of arts, including mechanical, electrical and biomedical. Ritu has experience in preparing invalidity and infringement opinions, conducting freedom to operate and state-of-the art analysis, and practicing patent prosecution and application drafting in technologies including business methods, furniture systems, and medical devices with a focus on the knee, hip, and ankle sectors . Ritu further has experience in counseling clients in copyright and patent litigation.
Ritu graduated from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law in 2007 and received her bachelor’s in Industrial Engineering and Economics at Northwestern University.
Ritu is licensed to practice in Ohio, Indiana and Pennsylvania.
- Jan 16, 2012 General Meeting - Click here for more details
- Sept 25, 2012 Wine & Webinar -Hosted by our VP Katie Nowicki
Day & Time: Tuesday 7 – 9 pm
Location: Milford OH
Details: Join South Ohio SWE for our next wine and webinar! We will view one of the many training webinars offered by our Society followed by brief discussion. This webinar will be held at the home of our VP Katie Nowicki – directions will be mailed out via email the day before the event so be sure to RSVP. Just bring something to share and a desire for good conversation. Non-members and guests are welcome.
From our other SWE sections:
- Jan 19, 2013 Engineering A New You! Workshops for the modern engineer -Hosted by Kentuckiana SWE
Day & Time: Saturday 9 am – 4 pm
Location: University Club (200 East Brandeis Avenue Louisville, KY 40208)
Details: You are cordially invited to a Kentuckiana SWE/ExxonMobil professional development event entitled: Engineering A New You! Workshops for the modern engineer. Get a fresh start in 2013 with these workshops:
· Money Management
· Professional Makeover and Photo
· Creative Problem Solving (CEU Credit)
Breakfast, lunch and snacks will be provided during the event. There is an attendance fee for this event: SWE Paid Members ($39) and Non-SWE Member/Guest ($49). More event information can be found on the Kenuckiana SWE section website.
Registration is a two part process:
- Step 1: Complete the Google survey link here
- Step 2: Within 48 hours the Kentuckiana SWE treasurer will send you a PayPal invoice. Pay the invoice to complete the registration process.
For any specific questions regarding this event, please email Jennifer Copic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From our Society:
- Our Society has a variety tools to continue learning and enhance your professional development.
- The Society has monthly opportunites for remote training via webinar. These are free for SWE members and typically $49 for non-members. To view current webinars
- Our conference is one of the best for technical women offering:
Professional, Academic and Technical Track Workshops
Career Fair – a Who’s Who of Industry ready to meet you!
On-Site Child Care is available!
SWE Boutique with clothing and gifts
South Ohio SWE had a remarkable presence with our entire e-board attending! Click here to see photos from this event
We support our partner organizations. SWE offers joint membership with SHPE, AISES & NSBE. If you are already a member of one of these organizations find out how to leverage your membership to be a part of SWE.
American Indian Science & Engineering Society (AISES) – www.aises.org
National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) – www.nsbe.org
Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) – www.shpe.org